Why It All Began
Today, 2 million people of Dominican descent call the U.S. home. Latinxs of Dominican ancestry are also one of the fastest growing communities in the nation, representing the fifth largest Latinx group in the U.S. The Dominican presence here is significant and influential as we continue to grow. However, Dominicans are still working to overcome the many barriers our community faces.
DUSA was founded four years ago as a response to the growing needs of Dominican immigrants and citizens of Dominican descent. The organization began its journey at Hostos Community College in 2014. We are now headquartered in the South Bronx of New York City, an area with one of the highest concentrations of Dominicans. We are also located in Rhode Island which also has a high concentration of Dominicans. Our goal is to actively encourage and educate Dominicans and our other Latinx groups to become active participants in the civic and political processes.
- NYC Votes – Honorable Mention Award for Excellence in Community Outreach
- NYC Votes – 2014 NYC Jane Kalmus Award for outstanding commitment to building a voting culture.
- NYC Votes – 2014 Award for Highest Number of Registered Voters
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New York
- Office of the Public Advocate Proclamation
- Catholic Charities Community Services
We’ve archived all our annual reports for your leasure.
Dominicanos USA Impact Report 2018
DUSA Quarterly Report April '18
Dominicanos USA Annual Report 2019
DUSA Annual Report 2016-2017
Summer/Spring 2018 Report of Accomplishments
Dominicanos USA Fall 2017
369 East 149th Street 11th FL Bronx, NY, 10455